The Serai Bandipur
Serai Bandipur, unlike any other resort in the region, is situated very close to the Bandipur National Park. Bandipur as you know, teems with wildlife, and provides a safe haven to a wide swathe of wildlife, which includes the Four horned Antelope, Gaur, Asiatic Elephant, Leopard, Sloth bear, black napped hare, black leopard and a host of bird species like the Barbet, Babbler, Warbler and the Indian Peafowl.
Among other things, Serai-Bandipur offers a panoramic breathtaking view of the magnificent Nilgiris. Look out of your bedroom and you'll be presented with a perpetually changing view of the Nilgiris. One moment it's misty, the other it's shrouded in shadows. Then when you least expect it, it's jaw-droppingly spectacular. While soaking in the view is an activity in itself, you'll see that the list of things to do is limited only by the time you have.
Loghut: Overlooking the wilderness, this single bedded Ac room is designed with wooden floors and sloping ceilings. A Sofa set is also maintained in this room and is also provided with a mini-bar, a telephone and a fridge.
Room: This is also a 300 Sq feet room designed with the floors. Double bedded, the décor includes a writing desk and a ward -robe. A mini-bar, a telephone and a fridge are also provided in this room.
Land safari into the tourism zone of the National Park are conducted twice a day. A qualified naturalist accompanies you on every trip to help you interpret the exotic flora and fauna of the region.
Getting up-close to nature is fully experienced only when you venture out and feel the emotions she exudes. Learn everything about the flora and fauna of the region from the naturalists who will lead you on the trail.
Bird watching in Bandipur is an excellent pastime with over 300 species of birds being recorded here.
The Bandipur region is dominated by deciduous forests, but you can also find patches of scrubs around the periphery as well as a lot of cultivation around the area. The backwaters of the Bandipur act as a huge water body attracting a wide variety of water birds. Even when the river recedes, it leaves isolated pools of water that attract a multitude of birds as fish are trapped in them.
Some of the birds that can be found in this region are the Osprey, Grey-headed Fish Eagle, Malabar Pied Hornbill, White-bellied Sea Eagle, Malabar Trogon, White-bellied Woodpecker, White-rumped Shama and the Plum-headed Parakeet.
Resort is located on acres of swaying palm trees and lush, tall grass (home to dozens of different birds) and a good way to explore it would be on a bicycle.
One of the nicest things about a resort in the wilderness is the beautiful clear sky above. Resort will provide a telescope and with the help of trained naturalists, you can embark on a cosmic trip and discover the mysteries that lie beyond our planet.
We have bonfires every evening where you can huddle round and the naturalists entertain you with jungle yarns. Sip a drink. Greet your fellow guests. Make new friends.
Facilities at Serai - Bandipur
- A large-sized swimming pool, with poolside service on call.
- A well-equipped gym.
- Flames, a multi-cuisine restaurant, which serves excellent vegetarian and non-vegetarian fare.
- Mist, a bar stocked with a wide selection of beverages, spirits and wines.
- Huddle, a state-of-the-art conference hall in the most inspiring environs.
- Cloud 9, where you can enjoy western holistic therapies.
- Activity / Information Centre.
Delectable buffet spread of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.
- Breakfast is a combination of Continental and Indian varieties.
- Lunch and Dinner is Indian cuisine.
- Excellent options even in the vegetarian fare.
- Food that tastes as good as home cooked food.
- Food can be made non-spicy for visiting foreigners on special request.
- Special Kids' menu comprising of food that is non-spicy and exciting for children is available from 6.30 pm onwards.
- Extra Meals can be organized on special request.
|Tariff valid till 31st march 2017 [ Week days and Week Ends ]
||Special Rate Per Double
||Child (5yrs -12yrs) without an extra bed
- All meals, welcome drink, use of indoor games,
- Nature activities, Use of wildlife library, firness centre, swimming pool,
- Check In - 12:00 Noon & Check Out - 11:00 AM.
- Bonfire (evening activity that is common to all and is subject to weather conditions).
Note: Transportation is not included in the package. However, transportation can be arranged on request, at an extra cost.
Prior to commencement of tour and counted from a working day.
- 30 days prior to commencement of tour, cancellation fee, 10 percent
- 29 to 15 days prior to commencement of tour, cancellation fee, 50 percent
- No refund for cancellation with less than 15 days
Send Enquiry | Top